Established in 2014, the Research, Publications, and Innovation Center (RPIC) was tasked to oversee the Research Office and the Publications Office. RPIC, with its intent to promote the research culture and improve the research capability of the institution, regularly provides in-house learning and development programs, research trainings, seminars and workshop to its faculty members and non-teaching personnel (NTPs). In 2015, RPIC was renamed Research and Innovation Center (RIC) and in 2016, was renamed Research and Technical Skills Development Office (RTSD) to recognize the role of the department in managing and supervising the technical education and skills development in the university,
RESEARCH VISION 2020
By 2020, LPU shall become a global knowledge center in the Asia Pacific region, a prime mover in the improvement of the quality of life of the Filipinos, and a seedbed for young, Filipino creative and innovative talent.
The LPU research vision is aligned with Commission on Higher Education's (CHED) vision to “effectively work in partnership with higher education stakeholders in building the country's human capital and innovative capacity towards the development of a Filipino nation as a responsible member of the international community” - CHED Strategic Plan for 2011-2016.
LPU-CAVITE RESEARCH AGENDA
Anchored on CHED's principles of higher education and LPU's educational philosophy, LPU sets the research agenda and supporting initiatives aimed at the production of high-quality researches. LPU research agenda includes:
- improving LPU’s research capability towards international competitiveness
- research capability building programs for faculty members and non-teaching personnel (NTPs).
- strengthening graduate education in priority disciplines.
- enhancing LPU’s research productivity thru:
- provision of research funds for institutional researches
- institutionalization of system of rewards and incentives for research undertakings and outputs of faculty and NTP researchers
- adoption of mentoring, monitoring and peer-review system in research outputs
- generating new knowledge needed for the advancement of higher education as well as for national development thru:
- dovetailing research with R&D initiatives of CHED, DOST and other funding sponsors
- international and local networking and linkages,
- promoting and facilitating dissemination and utilization of research outputs thru:
- supporting dissemination of research outputs
- research utilization and technology commercialization programs