June 6, 2020
Dear Parents and Members of the Graduating Class of 2020,
Greetings! May this letter find you in perfect health and in good spirits.
The first half of this year has been a tough year for us. Even before we resumed classes for the second semester, we were already facing the challenges brought about by the Taal volcanic eruption. And just as we were recovering from the said natural disaster, we learned of the news of the spread of the virus that will endanger our health and even lives. Right now, we are still trying our best to survive this pandemic as well as the difficult circumstances it created.
In the midst of all this, I hope that the prospect that you will soon earn your respective college degrees (or in the case of the parents, that you will soon reap the fruits of your sacrifices to send your children to the LPU), will give you hope and increase the inner strength that we need in these trying times. While we are still working very hard to cope with the challenges that we have, let us not forget to reflect on our small triumphs and on the lessons that we have learned.
We thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation in the new mode of delivery of instruction that we implemented in the past months. And we are now happy to share with you the following important announcements as we finish this Academic Year 2019-2020.
- The official list of candidates for graduation will be available on July 15, 2020. We will prepare a printed list to be included in the graduation package (see item “e” below). Please note that only those who will be able to complete their grades not later than June 25, 2020 will be included in the aforementioned list.
- Since we follow faithfully the government-imposed restrictions on mass gatherings, we regret to inform you that we will not be able to announce any Commencement Exercises soon. This is the same for all educational institutions in the country and around the world today. We keep in mind that graduation is a milestone worth celebrating by both graduates and their families and that we will endeavor to hold a simple yet special ceremony once the restrictions are lifted, probably early next year. However, an online Baccalaureate Mass will be celebrated on July 8, 2020. We will inform you of the exact time and link a week prior to the said Mass.
- Medals and certificates will still be prepared for students who will qualify for Latin honors. These will be available for pick-up as soon as the university is allowed to open.
- When government allows, we will schedule the continuation of the graduation pictorial but on a limited number of students per day complying with a strict schedule. Students should come made-up already. The make-up artists of our service provider will not be available to provide make-up services due to strict social distancing requirements.
- The diploma and other credentials will be sent through a courier but only after the approved clearance from pertinent LPU offices has been secured.
- The clearance will be processed online. We will inform you of the procedure as well as the link in the coming days.
- For programs with level III accreditation, the transcript of records will be included in the package to be sent via courier. For other programs, we shall await the Special Order from CHED before we release the said document.
- There will be a rebate on your graduation fee amounting to PhP 2,000.00 representing cost of PICC tickets, LPU sash and scarf/necktie, with the balance of PhP 300.00 for courier expenses.
We take solace in the fact that this pandemic is temporary, and we will together overcome it. Times are indeed tough, but we believe LYCEANS SHALL RISE TO THE CHALLENGE as we all are properly equipped with the needed tools we learned from LPU Cavite and strongly guided by its motto: VERITAS ET FORTITUDO, PRO DEO ET PATRIA!
Soon, you will be calling the Lyceum of the Philippines University Cavite your alma mater – the mother of your soul. Besides nourishing your minds, I hope that the University has been able to nourish your mind, hearts and spirits to enable all of you to make positive and significant contributions to your families, to your communities, to our beloved country and humanity.
I convey my advance congratulations to each and everyone of you!
Very truly yours,
Maria Teresa O. Pilapil
Vice President for Administration / Registrar