ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) PROGRAM
Why choose LPU CCLas?
- It is the language center of the Lyceum of the Philippines University Cavite, one of the prominent universities in Region IV-A with a reputation for providing high quality programs, including language programs.
- Highly qualified teachers with experience in teaching ESL and are holders of internationally-recognized certificates such as CELTA, TESOL, and/or TEFL.
- Friendly staff that is enthusiastic to provide assistance to international students.
- Chance to engage in exciting social and cultural activities, such as visits to places of interest, outdoor adventures, shopping excursions, and festivities that provide for language acquisition and communication opportunities.
- Access to a full range of campus facilities such as the state-of-the-art library [the Academic Resource Center] equipped with touch screen computer facilities, sports and fitness facilities, and 24-hour campus security.
- A dormitel [dormitory hotel] that is conveniently located near the university.
- Close to restaurants that offer local and Asian cuisines.
- An idyllic campus with a culturally diversified environment. There are about 82 international students from countries such as Korea, Indonesia, India, the USA, and many more.
Students taking up language course will have ample opportunities to interact with our international students from different countries such as Korea, India, Indonesia, USA, and many others.
In the Philippines, a student visa is required before any international student can officially enroll in an academic program. However, for ESL short term courses, foreign nationals may avail themselves of the Special Study Permit [SSP]. The SRMD Office, through the Liaison Officer, assists international students in getting the permit and processing visa extension or conversion.
International students may opt to stay at the Bayleaf Cavite, a full service hotel.
There are also many safe and affordable rent houses near the campus. For assistance and information, the staff at the IAO will be on hand to facilitate matters and ensure that everything is in order.