The Lyceum of the Philippines University in Cavite opened its doors to college students in 2008. Its fame spread far and wide because of its state-of-the-art building and high class facilities.
In 2009, the establishment of a high school department was planned by the administrators. The LPU Cavite International High School (LPUC IHS) was established in 2010. The first high school students composed of 22 Filipino and Korean students started their classes under the tutelage of college instructors who were led by the principal, Ms. Carlisa I. Alicdan. The LPU Cavite International High School offered an enhanced curriculum by including Foreign Language (Nihonggo and Spanish) and Computer.
In 2011, the School increased in size with 99 students enrolled in the first and second year levels. There were academic and athletic scholarships offered. During this year, the Junior Division of the LPU Pirates joined the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) as a guest team in the following events for men: basketball, volleyball, swimming, soccer and athletics.
By the year 2012, LPUC IHS was renamed LPU International School (LPU IS). There were 149 students, a new set of faculty members, and a new principal, Dr. Priscilla R. Moriones. The high school students started joining competitions in and out of school. LPU IS also held its first Student Government elections with Julius Vincent Español as its first president.
LPU IS held its First Commencement Exercises for its 44 graduates on March 31, 2014 at the University Auditorium.
On November 2014, Mr. Mhar Angelo A. Bayot assumed leadership of the department as Officer-in-Charge and, later, as Headmaster. In March of the following year, three important events took place: the certification as an Education Service Contracting (ESC) participating school, the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Kanaan Global School – our first foreign school partner from Indonesia, and the graduation of its second batch composed of 61 students.
The first Junior High School Completion Ceremony under the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum took place last April 1, 2016 with 74 Grade 10 completers.
LPU IS received the government permit to operate the Senior High School program on April 28, 2015. Since SY 2016-2017, the department offers all four tracks (i.e., Academic, Arts and Design, Sports, and Technical-Vocational and Livelihood tracks) with different strands and specializations. The Third Commencement Exercises, with the first batch of Senior High School graduates, was held in eight separate ceremonies last May 31, June 1, June 2 and June 4, 2018 with 1,117 graduates.
The Lyceum of the Philippines University International School will forge ahead in the coming years, making itself an excellent institution with globally competitive graduates who are character-based lifelong learners.
An academic institution for excellence, forming globally competitive and character-based lifelong learners.
In order to achieve its vision, the International School has formulated the following missions:
- Equip learners with knowledge, skills and attitudes to become globally competitive individuals;
- Promote character building and cultural sensitivity in a safe and learning-conducive environment;
- Create opportunities for collaboration among students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community towards optimal learning; and
- Build a community of God-centered, nationalistic, humane, and environment-conscious learners.
Love of God
Junior High School (Grade 7-10)
Senior High School
- Academic Track
* Accountancy and Business Management (ABM)
* Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS)
* Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
* General Academic Strand (GAS)
- Arts and Design Track
- Technical - Vocational - Livelihood Track
* Home Economics (HE)
- Beauty and Wellness Cluster of Specializations
- Culinary Arts Cluster of Specializations
- Hospitality Cluster of Specializations
- Tourism Cluster of Specializations
* Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Sports Track