VISION: The Guidance and Testing Center is committed in promoting psychological wellness, prevention of maladjustment, and development of life skills towards student well-being by providing relevant programs and services.
MISSION: The Guidance and Testing Center is committed to:
- Provide relevant programs and opportunities for the development of the client
- Strive for professional excellence in the implementation of services and programs
- Serve as an important resource in pursuit of the university’s educational philosophy
- Promote the ideals of LPU through proactive and socially responsive involvement in the community
PROGRAMS AND SERVICES:
- RESPONSIVE SERVICES. These are activities designed to meet students’ immediate needs and concerns.
- Counseling – This aims to assist students in making decisions and in planning their careers.
- Referral – This pertains to referring students for psychological assistance or evaluation to internal or external institutions or experts.
- Follow-up – This is conducted whenever necessary and shall include monitoring of student performance and status of psychological and emotional well-being.
- INDIVIDUAL PLANNING AND TESTING. These are ongoing systemic activities designed to assist students in establishing personal goals and developing future plans.
- Testing Program – Testing is being conducted as a screening procedure for students and employees. Admission tests aim to assess the potentialities of students in a particular field or knowledge, may it be in Junior/Senior High School level, College, or Graduate Studies. On the other hand, employment testing and evaluation look into the IQ level, aptitude/skill as well as the personality of the applicants. Student Testing and Evaluation aims to assess students competencies, skills, and personality which will aid the Guidance Counselors/Associates for appropriate intervention or development program.
- Interview – This aims to assist and guide students in making effective decisions. An initial interview is carried out at the start of each semester. Student who intends to drop subjects, transfer/drop-out, and shift to another program shall go through an interview.
- Student Database/Inventory – Gathering of information about the student to understand them better, provide individualized counseling and for future references.
- DEVELOPMENTAL LESSONS. These consist of structured modules designed to help students attain the desired competencies and to provide all students with the knowledge, attitudes and skills appropriate for their developmental level and needs.
- Student Development Program – This aims to provide programs that will develop life skills. Student development activities may be in the lectures, seminars, workshops or fora based on students’ needs.
- Information Program – This aims to provide salient information on matters or issues that may be useful to students. It includes postings on the Guidance and Testing Center bulletin boards and brochures/leaflets. Open seminar on special topics may be conducted.
- SYSTEM SUPPORT. This is an extension service through partnership with motivated students driven to help other students and other indirect services to assist in planning and managing tasks through data analysis and undergoing action research.
- Peer Facilitators Program – This aims to train students who can serve as adjuncts of the Guidance and Testing Center. Hence, the Lyceum Peer Facilitators are group of students who acquire basic interpersonal skills, basic facilitating skills and self-awareness. They practice student’s abilities to a real world job related challenges.
- Research and Program Evaluation – All programs implemented by the Guidance and Testing Center, activities carried out by Counselors and Psychometricians, and University programs and services are evaluated using a uniform evaluation tool, standard evaluation tool and Student Satisfaction Survey respectively.
We are faced with many challenges nowadays due to COVID-19 pandemic. The Guidance and Testing Center of LPU-Cavite works hand-in-hand with the institution in providing care and support especially to the students. While face-to-face activities are not yet allowed, the use of online platforms is an alternative way to continuously deliver the services much needed as of this time.
The LPU-C GTC malasaCLICK is a mental health and psychosocial support program which aims to reach out to its clients offering the following services: online counseling, online consultation, online referral, online information.
Bona fide students of LPU-Cavite may be accommodated by the Guidance and Testing Center by online appointment. All confirmed appointments will be attended to by the assigned Guidance Counselor/Associate.
Ms. Sherelyn T. Sarmiento, RGC, RPm
Ms. Nympha V. Leyva, RGC
College of Allied Medical Science (CAMS)
College of Arts and Sciences (CAS)
College of Nursing (CON)
College of Engineering, Computer Studies and Architecture (COECSA)
Ms. Arlene P. Bernardo, RGC
College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management (CITHM)
Ms. Analyn P. Lontoc, RPm
College of Business Administration (CBA)
College of Fine Arts and Design (CFAD)
Ms. Mailene B. Ofalsa
International School (Junior and Senior High)
Mr. Arniel C. Belanizo
Ms. Mary Jane D. Javier
Ms. Jan Mariele P. Salazar, RPm
Mr. Marc Mervin N. Bicada, RPm