The College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management of the Lyceum of the Philippines University has been at the forefront in offering strong and solid background in tourism and hospitality. Initially in 2008, it offered three (3) programs: BS Hotel and Restaurant Management, BS Hotel and Restaurant Management with specialization in Cruise Line, and BS Tourism Management. Its internationalization in 2009 called for a change in its nomenclature thus, is now known as the College of International Tourism and Hospitality Management (CITHM). Guided by its vision to be the center of academic excellence in international tourism and hospitality education in the areas of tourism, hotel, restaurant, culinary arts and cruise line operations, the College allied with one of the formidable academic institutions in Thailand in the field of hospitality, culinary, and tourism – the Dusit Thani College.
At present, the College offers the following programs:
BS International Travel and Tourism Management
BS International Travel and Tourism Management with specialization in Health and Wellness
BS International Hospitality Management with specialization in:
- Cruise Line Operations in Hotel Services
- Hotel and Restaurant Administration
- Culinary Arts and Kitchen Operations
- Cruise Line Operations in Culinary Arts
BS Nutrition and Dietetics
With its mission to provide the local and international tourism and hospitality industry with quality formed integral professionals and entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable, skillful, and value laden, the College has entered into various partnerships with local and international academic institutions as well as industry forerunners, which paved way for the constant exchange of trainings, seminars, and updates for both faculty members and students to keep them abreast of the constantly evolving trends and needs of the industry.
To be the center of academic excellence in international tourism and hospitality education in the areas of tourism, hotel, restaurant, culinary arts and cruise line operations.
To provide the local and international tourism and hospitality industry with quality formed integral professionals and or entrepreneurs who are knowledgeable, skillful and value-laden.
As a center of excellence for the tourism and hospitality education, the CITHM is committed to achieve the following objectives:
- Students – To satisfy students with internationally responsive, relevant, and innovative curricular programs, institutional facilities, qualified instructors, and intensive practical training for better work and business opportunities;
- Faculty and Staff – To provide faculty and employees with a professional organizational climate, career development and competitive compensation and benefits so that they may achieve personal and professional fulfillment that will harness the maximum potentials of the individual;
- Industry – To respond to the needs of the hospitality industry for knowledgeable, skillful, and professional graduates;
- Community – To undertake hospitality industry relevant advocacies in the research and extension activities of the college that will benefit chosen communities of the college;