A Recap of the Senior High School Students and Parents Orientation at Lyceum of the Philippines University-Cavite
Mr. Gymmy Pelariza
Education is a journey that involves not only students but also their parents or guardians. To prepare for a successful senior high school experience, Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) Cavite hosted a two-day orientation program on August 15-16, 2023, aimed at welcoming both students and their parents. The event was a wonderful opportunity for everyone involved to gain insights into the upcoming academic year, discover the LPU culture, and establish a strong foundation for a successful educational journey.
The first day of the orientation was filled with excitement and anticipation. LPU Cavite warmly welcomed the incoming senior high school students under the Accountancy Business and Management Strand, General Academic Strand, and Humanities and Social Sciences Strand who were about to embark on a new phase of their educational journey. The university’s administration, faculty members, and senior students joined hands to make this day memorable.
1. Campus Tour: The day began with a campus tour, allowing the students and their parents to explore the beautiful LPU Cavite campus. From state-of-the-art classrooms to modern facilities, they got a glimpse of where they would be spending the next two years.
2. Welcome Address: The International School Headmaster, Mr. Mhar Angelo A Bayot, gave a heartfelt welcome address, emphasizing the importance of senior high school education and LPU’s commitment to providing quality learning experiences.
3. Introduction to Senior High School: Parents and students were provided with comprehensive information about the senior high school program, curriculum, and extracurricular activities. This helped set clear expectations for the academic year ahead.
4. Student Life and Support Services: Representatives from various student organizations, clubs, and support services presented opportunities for students to engage in extracurricular activities and receive academic support when needed.
The second day audience of the orientation are from Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Strand together with Transferees which focused on building partnerships between the school, students, and parents. It emphasized the collaborative effort required for a successful educational journey.
1. Academic Expectations: Teachers and administrators outlined academic expectations for senior high school students. This included discussing the importance of attendance, participation, and effective communication between students, parents, and teachers.
2. Financial Matters: Representatives from the financial office addressed concerns related to tuition, scholarships, and financial aid options. This session aimed to ensure that financial barriers do not hinder students from pursuing their education.
3. Q&A Sessions: Both students and parents had the opportunity to ask questions and clarify any doubts they had about the upcoming school year. This was facilitated by the student-leaders. These sessions facilitated open communication between the school and the students’ support systems.
The senior high school students and parents’ orientation at LPU Cavite served as a crucial foundation for the upcoming academic year. It not only provided valuable information but also fostered a sense of community and collaboration among students, parents, and the university.
As the Class of 2023 begins their senior high school journey at Lyceum of the Philippines University-Cavite, they do so with a clearer understanding of what to expect and with the support of both their families and the university. With these strong partnerships in place, they are well-equipped to excel academically and personally, ensuring a bright and successful future. The orientation was a reminder that education is not just about individual achievement but about the collective effort to empower future generations. LPU Cavite’s commitment to providing quality education and nurturing the potential of its students was evident throughout the orientation, setting a promising tone for the academic year ahead.
Orientation for Senior High School Students and Parents
August 15-16, 2023